Reimagined Finance: Investor Persona Interviews
Interview : #1 in a 10 part series
Hi there I’m Abraxas_Seven and welcome to the first in a series of Investor Persona Interviews.
As CMO of Reimagined Finance, I will be taking the time to help share insights on some of the major barriers people face in today’s DeFi markets and the learnings we can yield from that. I just recently had a very insightful interview with Bob.X, a 32 year old Tradfi worker who’s been involved in the crypto space since 2017!
This interview covers a genuine depth of information where we touch on key mistakes investors make in the crypto space, evolving crypto strategies, and how ReFi is helping investors create more secure, long-term portfolios with consistent ROI’s.
So let’s dive in! And if you would like to be interviewed for the Persona Series please DM me @Abraxas_Seven on Twitter
1. Hi there Bob.X good to speak to you again. Could you please introduce yourself as you see fit and then provide your crypto experience and involvement to date.
I’m a UK based, 32 year old tradfi worker, I have been in crypto since 2017 trying to make digital money quicker than paper money and leave that 9–5!
2. Could you please give us a 1-minute history of your general business experience and what you do?
Currently working in a Corporate TradFi company in the Property Sector for 12+ years mainly based around UHNW individuals advising on Lending/Borrowing.
3. How did you get involved with ReFi?
Actually, through twitter. I am late to DeFi it seems and I’d seen a lot more talk about it — saw someone tweeting, and took a few minutes to read through the project and the plan just as some funds came free and jumped in.
4. Do you have a crypto strategy and has that evolved since discovering ReFi, if so how?
I never had before ReFi, it was always about trying to hit that ‘home run’ that will retire me and family. So made the same mistakes of not taking profit whilst it was there, holding on too long and getting caught out. Now, I have ReFI as my forever hold and play in other projects taking profit as/when (IF!) it comes. Changing $ targets to % goes a long way.
5. What problems were you facing in crypto investing generally and how has ReFi helped?
Finding a project that was responsive & transparent. They are few and far between these days and seem to be getting worse and when you are trying to make multiple X’s in a quick period its easy to get caught out — Since ReFi, I feel I can park a portion of my portfolio with a team I can trust and when the market is right it provides me with an income for me to roll the dice elsewhere.
6. What are the biggest mistakes you see when people engage crypto investing?
People that do not dollar cost average into projects they believe in, really grinds on me — only buying green days and never red days. Accountability goes a long way too. There’s no investment that goes up in a straight line, everyone knows it, but when it dips it’s always the ‘devs’ fault!
7. What was your main concern that would have prevented you from investing? And what put your fears to rest? In crypto and then ReFi.
There was little fear when I started, and initially started with $500 of ‘YOLO’ money so was pretty care free, by pure luck I caught the mid bull run of 2017, even when it crashed 2018 I was still up, so was never worried. Crypto Twitter helps put fears to rest. Memes soothe the pain!
In terms of ReFi, I joined day 2 — so just after the ‘punk/bot episode’ — I felt It was handled really well, everyone in the Telegram group was helpful and my first investment a few of the team reached out to welcome me.
8. What are three benefits you’ve experienced as a result of joining ReFi versus other crypto platforms?
Return of Initial Investment via Distributions
Some new ‘frens’ who we’ll all meet up regularly in real life
Direct contact with people like Mathdroid, Huf and Marc — I feel without bombarding them — I can run investment strategies or thoughts by them which has helped me with my own investments.
9. What made you choose ReFi over anything else you could have done? And how important was the management team in this decision?
The professionalism. I feel they are soon going to be a project that really bridges the TradFi Hedge Fund/Managed Fund idea to the DeFi space. I.e.: if unexperienced/short on time putting some cash with the team and coming back months down the line will give you returns.
10. How has crypto changed since you invested and what new barriers / challenges or opportunities do you see today versus when you started?
Rugs now seem really common. In a slow market it seems launches are the best way to make a quick buck. Its always the best way to lose a few, even though buy low and sell high is the main goal. DeFi has really brought on many other ways to make money if you look in the right places.
11. How has your personal life changed since joining ReFi and using this system? For example — are you less stressed about investing has it helped you feel more optimistic or secure?
Definitely less stressed about investing. I think the early days of ReFi really show the capabilities of this team once the market turns.
12. What surprised you the most or made you the happiest about being involved with ReFi?
The teams dedication. I feel if the team you are invested in are driven just as much/more than you are to gain financial freedom for you and everyone, its a good place to be.
13. In a % how much has your investment grown with ReFi versus your initial crypto investment
My initial investment sits comfortably in profit, which I know I am very lucky with — distributions and reflections have covered 100% of my initial too — I know not everyone sits as comfy as I do, but it won’t be long before everyone sits in profit.
14. If you were to recommend ReFi to your best friend, what would you say?
Put whatever cash you are comfortable with in, increase when it dips, most of all — Be involved — Even for newbies here its a great community and a good space to be around and to learn — the Live Alpha Chat for example — really helps with the thought process behind why & when to add risk and when to sit on the sidelines and watch.
15. If someone was unsure about joining ReFi, what would you tell them?
Come and sit in the Telegram for a little while, make yourself known. There is no silly questions and everyone/everything is transparent and accounted for. It’s a good place to learn for new people too but also for the experienced.
16. Is there anything you’d like to add either about your crypto investing experience as a whole or regarding your ReFi journey to date?
Patience is key. Use the quiet/down days to restructure and set yourself up for when the good days come.
Thanks Bob.X we really appreciate your time and thanks for being such a pillar in the ReFi community.
We want to give a big thanks again to Bob.X for his amazing answers to all these questions! It’s clear, many of the challenges he faced in his journey are common to people on all levels of their crypto journey. From a sub-par investment strategy to the difficulties in finding crypto projects that offer transparency to forgetting to take profits.
I can’t wait to have more interviews with amazing people in the crypto space and continue to learn about the Crypto market and make sure those insights help ReFi become a better project day-by-day!
See you next week when I will be hosting REFI Twitter Spaces and for more Persona Investor Interviews.
Have a great investment week!